With so many mobile devices on the market, it’s hard to choose where to start when creating your next mobile app. In this Nerdery Primer, Chris Black look’s at the growing Windows 8 device market, with a focus on barriers to entry and the development and design considerations you can benefit from.
Tag Archives: webinar
In this month’s Tech Talk, The Nerdery’s Chris Black and Jeff Klawiter dive into the development tools and technologies that will help you get started creating apps for Windows 8 mobile devices. Topics include HTML and C# development solutions and what it means to be a developer in the Windows 8 marketplace.
Like feeding your brain with technical content? Be sure to tune in each month!
- Nerdery Primers (#nerderyprimer) - General introduction to technologies with a focus on practical business application.
- Nerdery Tech Talks (#nerderytechtalk) - In-depth discussions about technology from a developers perspective
- Design Science (#designscience) - Explores topics related to UX, information architecture and visual design
The UX job market is on fire, and demand for dwindling talent is increasing by the day. Still, the best UX jobs are highly competitive and difficult to obtain. In our inaugural Design Science webinar, The Nerdery’s Mike Johnson and April Baxter reveal the secrets of UX hiring managers and equip you with the information needed to prepare for, identify and land a highly rewarding career as a user experience professional.
Design Science – The Nerdery UX Thought Leadership Series
About Design Science: Each month The Nerdery will feature a new episode of Design Science. Each month we will broadcast the episode as one of two LIVE webinars with full viewer participation and Q&A. If you would like to be notified of future Design Science events sign-up today for those updates or follow the #designscience and #nerderyprimer hashtag on Twitter.
In this installment of the Nerdery Primer series, we explore cost saving advice that can be applied when creating mobile applications. The discussion is led by Jon and Ben, two senior mobile developers at The Nerdery. The discussion specifically addresses common areas in which iOS and Android application developers can reduce the cost of creating applications by making smart decisions during project planning and working more efficiently.
A Sample of Discussion Topics Include:
- How to reduce costs within the project planning phase of the project by setting realistic project requirements.
- Identify how technology choices and device support can impact the overall cost of a project.
- Cost savings found within the visualization and design of the application.
- Common technical tips and tricks used to create efficiencies.
Nerdery Primers are LIVE webinar events that features up to two unique topics a month. Live viewers have the opportunity to participate and have their questions answered in a live Q&A format. Recordings of each Primer will be available on the blog the following week. If you would like to receive an invitation to join our LIVE Primer events, you can do this by entering your email address at the bottom of this web page in the ‘EVENT UPDATES’ field.
If you have a topic you’d like our Nerds to discuss, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org