While you probably don’t have an hour or so to sit and watch this live-action remake of Toy Story, you only need to spend a couple of minutes watching to see how amazing it is.
Tag Archives: Pixar
This 2-minute video about the day Pixar almost deleted Toy Story 2 is making the rounds today. Definitely amusing, since we’ve all done something totally stupid without a backup before.
A long time ago, Luxo, Jr. had a spot on one of the whiteboard walls at The Nerdery. Take a look at Matt recreating the famous Pixar logo.
Now take a gander at this awesome Luxo, Jr. Halloween costume. (found on Laughing Squid):
If, like me, you have to see a video linked to about six-hundred and eight times before you deign to watch it, consider this link six-oh-eight. This video that just combines scenes from the Pixar films is oddly mesmerizing and charming. If you need a little pick-me-up, this seven minute video ought to do it.
- We got some nice props in AdAge for our Nerdery Agency Primers. It’s a nice way to start the weekend. If you’re new to our Agency Primers you can check out the notes and recaps of what we’ve offered so far.
- Horatio Alger meets Oregon Trail. As part of Galley Cat’s World’s Longest Literary Remix Contest one game designer mixed Alger’s novel Joe’s Luck: Always Wide Awake with the old-school video game we all know and love (we extra-special love it because one of our own nerds worked on the game back in the day).
- SEOLOL, what people search for when they think nobody’s looking.
- Have you seen the Lego printer? It’s full of awesome.
- John Gruber at Daring Fireball breaks down the good and bad of AT&T’s new data plans.
- From the where are they now file: The Star Wars kid became a lawyer.
- Musical Philosophy: pretty sweet posters that interpret song lyrics typographically.
- How Pixar built Toy Story 3.
- Rebranding the license plate, way more interesting than you’d expect.
Here we have a picture of Matt who appears to be drawing the Pixar logo on the whiteboard wall. What you don’t see is that Jess had drawn the word Pixar on the wall earlier in the day. However, Matt could not abide having a less than stellar reproduction. If you look closely you’ll see has a printout of the Pixar logo in his hands.
That’s us, nerds who always strive for perfection.
THIS JUST IN! Matt has shared a picture of the original logo drawn on the wall:
And, if you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the trailer for Up, the new Pixar movie due out in May.