Tag Archives: Back to the Future
From LEGO’s CUUSOO blog.
- 9 essential geek books (according to Wired).
- 2011 Internet Trends.
- Electric DeLorean coming in 2013.
- The mother of all Hot Wheels tracks, it’s kind of like watching one of those Rube Goldebergesque machines.
- A Sesame Street video from 1984 has kids answering the question what is a computer?
- Dropbox: The inside story on tech’s hottest startup.
- Is Facebook making our brains bigger, and if it is can we teach people to stop abusing the exclamation point?
- How to spot a liar.
- Super Mario Bros. wedding invitations are just as awesome as you’d imagine.
- The Nike Mag from Back to the Future II as seen above. It’s okay to want a pair. 150 pairs were made and being auctioned off on eBay to benefit The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
- Americans and their cell phones, a study from the Pew Research Center.
- The Master Palindromist
- Another day, another drop shadow.
- Imperial Forces Wallpaper.
- How Tumblr created a design culture without a design team.
The Chicago Webchallenge is this weekend and the Minnesota nerds are making their way down to the Windy City to join their Illini-brethren to make websites for needy nonprofits. Good luck to everyone involved!
- If this is your first time participating in the a webchallenge, here’s some advice from past participants. Also, take a look at a few videos so you know what you’ve gotten yourself into. If you want even more, you can read the entire Webchallenge category. Have fun!
- Meet the class of 2015: your future coworkers and customers.
- Scrabble Players ‘know’ more words, but not necessarily what they mean.
- How browsers work.
- Where’s WALL-E like Waldo, except with a ton of awesome robots.
- The questionable birth of Times New Roman
- How Marty and Doc became friends in Back to the Future. I always wondered why they were hanging out together.
- The Nike Swoosh turns 40.
Twenty-five years ago today Marty McFly sat in the Delorean, got it up to 88 miles, and zoomed back to 1955. In honor of this anniversary, the cast, crew, and anyone remotely related to the trilogy have been all over the Internet. Here some of the cast, the director, and Huey Lewis, appear on the Today Show.
Here’s a few other interesting tidbits from around the internet:
- Back to the Future creator on why 1.21 gigawatts and Eric Stoltz
- Happy Marty McFly day!
- Things we learned at the Back to the Future reunion
- 14 things from Back to the Future II that actually came true (and 4 that haven’t)
- 10 things we learned from Back to the Future
And because Biff doesn’t seem to be getting any love, you should watch this (it’s funny):
It was on this day in 1955 that Doctor Emmett Brown slipped off the toilet seat and invented the Flux Capacitor that would make time travel possible. Happy Flux Capacitor day!