Undeterred by the looming fiscal cliff, we’re marching on with our 100 Nerds in 100 Days refer-a-thon, and now we’ve added an extra-special nonprofit bonus!
Starting today, we’re going to donate $10 for every referral to one of five nonprofits dedicated to STEM education/tech-career development. “We’re taking the long view as a growing company who’ll always need nerds,” said CIO Mike Schmidt. “STEM education and professional development opportunities are keys to preparing the next generation of nerds to do what we do.”
You can read all about the nonprofit bonus in the News section. And you can refer a nerd right here.
Want to know more about the STEM Nonprofits? Read on. Nerd referers can direct their support to one of these organizations:
- Girl Develop It: Mentorship and hands-on instruction for women who want to learn software development
- TechREACH: Helping schools involve minority and low-income middle school students in technology
- Girls in Tech: Engagement, education and empowerment of women in technology and entrepreneurship
- Change the Equation: Mobilizing the business community to improve quality of pre-K–12 STEM education
- Girls Who Code: Equipping 13-17-year-old girls with skills and resources in technology and engineering