The Nerdery today became a Preferred Marketing Developer (PMD) of Facebook® Apps. Facebook established its PMD program to represent the various technologies in the Facebook ecosystem and to recognize companies that develop holistic solutions. To qualify, The Nerdery included examples of its development work on the Facebook platform in its application, including apps created – some with ad agency partners – for EA Sports, Kraft, Norton, Purina, and Tampico.
As part of the rites to passage in becoming a Preferred Marketing Developer, Nerdery software development manager Dan Krueger attended an invitation-only developer conference at Facebook’s Menlo Park, CA campus. Find The Nerdery’s Facebook PMD profile by searching companies in the Preferred Marking Developers Directory.
The Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer program recognizes companies that have developed technologies in one or more of the following specialty areas: Page management solutions, ads management solutions, services and platforms for building socially enabled integrations, and/or tools for Page Insights analysis.
“The application process was highly selective so we compliment you on your success,” wrote a Facebook representative to selected companies on the competitive climate among applicants for the Preferred Marketing Developer program, whose mission is to help developers build products that make social marketing easier and more effective. The Nerdery is among 141 new companies added to Facebook’s PMD program, which has 232 interactive firms from 35 countries overall.
As a Preferred Marketing Developer, The Nerdery is deemed sufficiently Nerdy to create Facebook apps with features such as:
- Facebook Mobile Platform – Single sign on, authenticated referrals, invites/requests.
- Open Graph Protocol Integrations – Adding proper Open Graph meta-tagging to websites to optimize social sharing and integration with Pages, ads, and apps.
- Devices/TVs – Facebook functionality for devices other than desktop or mobile browser experiences.
- Graph API – Login, requests/invites, friend activity, photos, wall posts, profile information.
- Facebook Plugins – Like, Send, Comment, Register, etc.
- Social Commerce – Implementations specifically targeted towards selling products or media.
- Facebook Credits – Allows users to pay for digital content with Facebook’s payments system.
Said Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in a recent letter to investors, “We have a saying: ‘Move fast and break things.’ The idea is that if you never break anything, you’re probably not moving fast enough.” The Nerdery endeavors to be a good steward within the development community regarding keep current on Facebook platform changes – and equally diligent about keeping clients and partners informed about how platform changes may affect apps/business, including these communiques:
- Interactive Primer Notes: New Facebook Timeline for Brands
- Nerdery Webinar: Facebook Breaking Change, Sky Falling
- Don’t Go Breaking My App
- Forewarning: Significant Facebook Changes are Coming
- Facebook Breaking Change to Launch October 1
- Your Facebook Qs have been Aed
- The Tabs on Facebook They are A Changin’
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. For that matter, The Nerdery is a servicemark of The Nerdery.